Thanks for your continued involvement in the Rockton Downtown Streetscape Master Plan. You can find the final report as well as every presentation leading up to the final below.
Thanks to everyone who has provided input. The following strategies have been developed to guide the streetscape planning:
Strategy #1: REINFORCE DOWNTOWN STREETS AS THE HISTORIC AND CULTURAL CENTER OF ROCKTON
- Evaluate opportunities to balance existing roadway/on-street parking functions with widened sidewalks and active seating/dining areas.
Strategy #2: PROMOTE ROCKTON’S IMAGE AND FUNCTION THROUGH SIGNAGE
- Create a comprehensive signage program that addresses gateway, wayfinding, parking and business directory signage
Strategy #3: REINFORCE FESTIVAL SPACES
- Accommodate a variety of fest types, including large format events at Settlers Park, and smaller format events on Main and/or Hawick Streets.
Strategy #4: ENHANCE OFF STREET PARKING AND ALLEYWAY CONNECTIONS
- Improve off street parking functions and alleyway connectivity through design treatments.
Strategy #5: : IMPROVE CONNECTIVITY BETWEEN DOWNTOWN AND RIVERFRONT
- Provide interconnected experiences that draw users between Downtown and Riverfront. Experiential elements may include interconnected pathways, crosswalks, sidewalks, seating/ gathering areas, river overlooks, passive open space, active play and interpretive landscaping.
The ‘Rockton Downtown Streetscape Master Plan’ project area is outlined in red below. Look out for our first public input meeting to come out and tell us what you want to see in Downtown Rockton!
Please visit our partners’ websites:
Stay tuned! Planning is underway — more documents and resources will be posted here as they become available.